March 1, 2017 marked the 15-year anniversary of Xcentric. Yesterday, both of our offices had celebrations with each of our founding members. It was a momentous occasion for us to look around and think about just how far we’ve come since Xcentric’s founding year in 2002.
- Working out of Trey’s basement where all three employees wore every hat…sales, engineering, and support!
- Xcentric Cloud, known initially as “Gray Matter,” was just a crazy idea we were pondering.
- We grew to seven employees in six months and got kicked out of the neighborhood by the HOA.
- Floppy disks still existed, and many clients didn’t have a full-time Internet connection.
Today, in 2017:
- Xcentric has operations on both coasts, with our headquarters located in Alpharetta, Georgia, our West Coast offices in Bozeman, MT, and numerous home-offices in key states across the country.
- In January 2017, we celebrated hitting our 100-employee mark and will be at nearly 150 folks by year-end.
- We are proud to offer unlimited 24/7 support from over 75 technical staff who are steeped in the CPA-isms our job demands.
- We offer three different cloud offerings to support the custom needs of small, medium and large firms across the nation.
- Xcentric Cloud is currently a host to thousands of accountants and supports over 1,200 unique accounting industry applications.
- We are thought leaders with recognition and numerous awards from the accounting industry and technology industry.
- Today, most of our employees have only ever heard of a floppy disk.
We recognize that we wouldn’t be who we are today without our clients and the partnerships we’ve built over the past 15 years. We remain ever humbled and grateful to those who trust their livelihoods to Xcentric – clients and employees alike. We also owe a big thanks to our industry friends and partners, like ThomsonReuters, WoltersKlewer, Intuit, and many others who share the rewarding mission of serving our mutual clients.
Trey & Christian James (Xcentric Co-founders)
See all photos here.