PLUS Size your Cloud
Firms are being impacted by the Cloud now more than ever but are still asking the question regarding how to handle workstations, devices, Internet, and the other items that remain in the office. This is where Xcentric excels – taking a ground to Cloud approach. Below are the different aspects of our PLUS plan that can be added to any of our different Cloud Plans.
Security from the Cloud to the Workstation
Some cloud providers like to think that if they provide their clients a cloud it means their data is secure. We are not one of those providers. The cloud, with all its capabilities and security, is only as secure as the device that accesses it. This is why we provide end to end security for all of our cloud clients. These are some of the items we manage on behalf of our clients to help them reduce their risk, time and hassle on technology:
- Anti-virus Protection from dangerous attacks and malicious software
- Anti-malware Utilize technologies that are designed to quickly detect, destroy, and prevent malware
- Audit & Inventory Perform fast, accurate and up-to-date audit and inventory of computers
- Workstation Monitoring Able to predict before things go wrong and fix things before they break on the workstation
- Patch Management Keep workstations and remote computers up-to-date with the latest important security patches and updates
Read more about "Why Managed Workstations"
Internet Monitoring and Threat Protection
When you go to the cloud, your dependence on the internet is heightened, from both a reliability and a security perspective. This is where Xcentric steps in. While we don't ultimately own your relationship with the internet provider, we can help keep things in check. We install and manage the firewall that we use to both monitor the internet performance and protect your firm from any other inbound threats.
When a firm moves to the Cloud in a holistic way, pretty much all of their servers can be powered down and recycled as necessary. However, what often goes underestimated in the Cloud is the need to both secure and manage the local domain/network. This is where the Cloud Appliance comes in. Xcentric supplies and manages the Cloud Appliance (think of a really small server) for the firm, which enables better security, enhanced printing and scanning options and, in general, creates a smoother transition to the Cloud.