Do you have a desire to work for an IT company that has your back? How about coworkers you enjoy hanging out with? Or better yet, beating them in one of our ping-pong/corn-hole/shuffleboard leagues?
We work hard and play hard at Xcentric and pride ourselves on our amazing culture. Our employees love working here. Check out our reviews on Glassdoor for yourself.
This position was created for people that are just starting out in their IT career. It isn’t an internship but rather an entry level IT position in our company. Our goal is to promote you as fast possible into our Hosted Services Consultant 1 position. Most people get promoted after 3 – 6 months.
The Response Team Intern is a highly motivated, personable, flexible, IT team member in training that facilitates the technical support requests placed by our clients. The Response Team Intern is responsible for the first response to the day to day support requests of Xcentric’s clients as well as assisting their peers with any service requests that aren’t assigned. The position focuses on our cloud products and services. Enthusiastic commitment to delivering world-class technology solutions and the highest levels of customer service is a must.
As a Response Team Intern, your role in the Xcentric organization will be to provide the first layer of service to our clients. Ultimately, your efforts will be essential in providing a positive experience for our clients as they need technical support. A consultant will:
- Ensure a positive client experience and high client satisfaction
- Be Involved in the day-to-day functions of Xcentric technical support
- Be responsible for having an in-depth understanding of the Xcentric procedures and processes
- Maintain queues at all times
- Day-to-day support activities including participation in ticket resolution
- Responsible for responding to tickets, troubleshooting issues through to a resolution, and/or assigning tickets to Level 1 Consultants that are assigned to the client’s account, all while following all documented procedures
- Limit troubleshooting to 30 minutes in order to provide rapid response to continually incoming support requests.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Xcentric technologies, hosted applications, and services
- Manage multiple tickets at one time
- Function as a first responder to new tickets or calls on client’s technical issues.
- Assist in developing documentation, knowledgebase and best practice guides
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users
- Provide advanced technical support to Xcentric’s cloud servers, applications, and managed workstations
- Assume role as a liaison between product vendor support and hosted client
- Instill client confidence in Xcentric’s infrastructure, processes, and personnel
- Assist other departments as needed
- Complete special projects and tasks assigned by management
- Computer systems experience or desktop support is required.
- Technical Certifications are desired
- Knowledge of MIS objectives and strategies.
- Excellent communication, time management, decision making, presentation, and organization skills.
- Able to provide technical assistance to the Xcentric client-base
- Ability and desire to learn Xcentric processes and technologies
- Knowledge of the accounting industry, as it relates to the services and products offered by Xcentric is desired
- Competency in various technologies and/or applications such as, Microsoft, Dell, MS Office applications, and etc.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- Bachelors degree in progress in business or computer science preferred