The Client Success Manager (CSM) is a highly proactive and driven technical account manager that engages with accounting professionals to deliver results. The CSM is responsible for overseeing the life cycle of a firm; from project implementation to the date of renewal. The position focuses on developing lasting relationships with Xcentric clients by providing excellent service and user experience. The position focuses on two main aspects: references and retention inside the Xcentric Cloud.
As a CSM, your role in the Xcentric organization will be to provide an extremely high level of service and leadership to our clients. Ultimately, your efforts will be essential in providing a positive experience to our clients. A CSM will:
- Conduct weekly, bi-weekly conference calls with firm admins or partners
- Make recommendations to the firms for software and hardware purchases
- Ensure the Xcentric Cloud experience is stable and consistent for firms
- Communicate with Xcentric internal team (Service, Application, Project, Infrastructure) to deliver resolutions to clients
- Show our clients that they are valued and appreciated
- Be responsible for having an in depth understanding of the Xcentric procedures and processes
- Be the voice of the customer
- Day-to-day activities include keeping a pulse on our clients
- Escalate tickets through the proper support channels
- PR, write up root cause analysis, and communicate effectively with clients on outages
- Monitor LUN and SQL space for clients on a daily basis
- Assist in hardware purchases
- Manage client projects such as ISP transitions, firewall conversions, new software implementation
- Any additional tasks required to ensure the client has a positive experience
- Assist other departments as needed
- Complete special projects and tasks assigned by management
Key Success Factors
- Proactive – take the initiative to resolve issues and communicate with the client
- Reliable – follow through, do what you say you will do
- Overachiever – go over and beyond what the client expects
- Communication – discern between customer perspective and Xcentric perspective, client is always right
- Team work – work with your team in such a way as to build one another up
- Tenacity – diligently find the right answer/solution even when it is not easily apparent
- Fortitude – manage challenging client relationships in the face of adversity
Bachelor’s degree in business management or equivalent.
4-6+ year’s of account management experience in the IT industry or related experience.
- Excellent communication, time management, decision making, presentation, and organization skills.
- Ability and desire to learn Xcentric processes and technologies
- Knowledge of the accounting industry, as it relates to the services and products offered by Xcentric is desired
- Understanding of various technologies such as Citrix, Microsoft, Dell, Network Monitoring systems, etc.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General office environment
- Considerable stress may occur at times
- Some lifting up to 50 pounds required
Up to 25%, but travel for a CSM will be at their discretion. It is encouraged to visit each client every 2 years. This is dependent on the territory. A travel budget is included. The objective of these visits is to further develop the relationships and create renewals.